Retrofittable Flame Protection Housing
The new NORMACONNECT® RFP is a retrofittable flame protection housing that has been specially designed for use with all NORMACONNECT® FLEX GRIP and REP pipe couplings. Its low weight and straightforward design allows quick and easy assembly without any tools and the built-in flame resistant mineral fibre mat provides a premium level of flame protection.
The new Retrofit Flame Protection (RFP) housing has been extensively tested and is approved by Germanischer Lloyd. Approvals are also underway with Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping, Det Norske Veritas, Lloyds Register RINA, Korean Register of Shipping, Russian Maritime Register of Shipping, Polski Rejestr Statkon and Nippon Kaiji Kyokai / Class NK.
NORMACONNECT® RFP meets the latest IACS requirements (IACS P211) as well as ISO 19921 regulations. The product has been shock and vibration tested.
With NORMACONNECT® you will always enjoy first-class products made entirely from recyclable materials and produced in plants certified to TS 16949 and DIN EN ISO 14001.
Metal housing made from stainless steel AISI 316 Ti
Flame resistant mineral fibre mat: Environmentally friendly - (no use of chemicals).
Shoulders of the coupling are flame protected
- Flame resistant up to 850°C
- Easy assembly without tooling
- Low weight
- Meets IACS requirements
- No chemicals in flame protection mat
- High flexibility
- Clear identification whether coupling is flame protected or not
- Mechanical stress resistant
- Compatable with all Flex, Flex E, Grip/Grip E pipe couplings
- Sizes ranging from 26.9 to 273.0mm. Further sizes are available on request.